JOB TITLE: Quality Manager
TRAVEL %: 5-10%
DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
To ensure that the products or services provides to clients and materials and equipment obtain from suppliers are fit for purpose, consistent and meets external and internal quality requirements that includes technical and legal compliance and customer’s expectations and standards
JOB RESPONSABILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, FUNCTIONAL AND TECHINICALS COMPETENCIES
Proposes, develops, plans, coordinates, and directs quality control programs and initiatives designed to ensure quality standards of company’s products
Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
Monitors and advises on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and measure against organization standards promoting a continuous quality improvement supporting and assuring implementation of Company’s ISO quality system setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures
Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
Works with procurement team and vendors to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use
Plays active role on the management team within organization
Designs and implements quality control training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers
Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality. Controls all non-conformances and follows through to closing
Liaises with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, to advise on necessary changes and their implementation and provides training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standard establish by organization
Creates and implements inspection criteria and procedures
Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization.
Provides inspection and quality assurance activity for product throughout production cycle.
Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
Communicates effectively to line of command.
Knowledge and implementation of quality system requirements.
Ensuring compliance with safety standards.
Other responsibilities may apply
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 6 years of experience in the field or in a related area
SAP knowledge preferably
Budget management knowledge a plus
At least 5-10 years of experience in related role
Functional and technical Competencies:
Deal with difficult situations while maintaining performance
Experience with Oil and Gas industry including: Gas treatment plants, gas compression plants, and gas separators
Experience with international markets (Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, and Mexico) among other
Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
Reports potentially unsafe conditions
Takes action to influence events
Shares complete and accurate information
Excellent administration sills
Good understanding of budget management and controls
Good leadership skills
Good problem solving skills
Ability to stand and walk
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The noise level in the work environment is usually mild in office conditions and moderate in the shop area.
Please Call Barbara Gaca-Cutrer at 281-443-6060 or email resume to email@example.com
Are you READY? We are.
Why settle for ordinary when you can be part of something extraordinary? At Port of Houston Authority, we make sure our people have the best advantages in the business and that includes making sure they are READY to work for a world class port and facility. And by READY, we mean: Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diligence, and “You”.
Get in on the action at Port of Houston Authority where You can be part of a great team; where You can help create an environment of excellence; where You can be part of a tradition, over 100 years in the making.
Missing out on this could mean missing the chance at an extraordinary career. Are you READY?
Environmental Compliance Coordinator
As the Environmental Compliance Coordinator, you will act as part of a team to assist in the on-going development, implementation, maintenance, and refinement of the Port of Houston Authority's (PHA) environmental compliance related to the following environmental areas: air, water, waste, construction support, ISO 14001 and environmental management systems, auditing, spill prevention and storage tanks, sustainability, and community outreach.
* Assist with environmental compliance through education, training, implementation of corporate compliance and company initiatives; identifying issues, performing audits, and developing continuous quality improvement programs.
* Coordinate business functions with the appropriate regulatory agencies to ensure that all required permitting is in place, and that permit limitations are compatible with business needs.
* Participate in resolution of environmental issues, including testing, monitoring, pollution prevention, training, inspections, auditing; and perform or coordinate personnel and vendors as necessary to conduct testing and monitoring required to demonstrate permit compliance.
* Demonstrate environmental compliance, maintain compliance records and documents, and submit required reports and documents to various regulatory agencies within the required time limits.
* Identify and prioritize potential environmental risks and develop appropriate control and/or abatement mechanisms.
* Coordinate environmental emergency response actions, as needed, to minimize impacts to the community and the environment.
* Research proposed local, state and federal regulatory changes; assess impacts of the changes and actively participate in rulemaking activities through industry associations and direct interaction with regulators; maintain liaison with agencies, NGO’s, other stakeholders.
* Track environmental performance, prepare reports, or review reports prepared by others, as needed.
* Timely maintenance of all government and PHA training, testing, records, documents, and logs to assure PHA remains in compliance with regulatory or PHA requirements..
* Coordinate and engage environmental personnel and other personnel in the identification, development and implementation of environmental goals which will positively impact and add value to the organization
* Conduct audits of all related facilities, job sites, equipment and crews.
* Investigate and report environmental accidents/incidents; compile findings, and recommendations for corrective action.
* Develop scopes of work and negotiate contracts for professional environmental services and manage environmental consultants and projects.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Secondary Duties, Based on Specialty (Shall be required to perform a minimum of three (3) of the following):
* Advise or manage activities occurring on PHA facilities and properties relative to RCRA/CERCLA and TCEQ regulatory compliance and to the remediation of contaminated property.
* Administer the Wetlands program and associated permitting and National Environmental Policy Act requirements.
* Administer the regulatory requirements of PHA’s TPDES discharge permits, Storm water compliance, and related municipal separate storm sewer system and multi-sector general permits.
* Administer the regulatory requirements of PHA’s potable water compliance and related public water supply permits, and drinking and ground water testing.
* Administer the regulatory requirements of PHA’s non-potable water, vessel discharge permits, and ballast water issues.
* Administer and coordinate PHA tenant audit program to ensure compliance with lease requirements and government regulations. Communicate findings to PHA Real Estate and Operations Divisions and facilitate determination of necessary appropriate actions.
* Administer and coordinate PHA facility audit program to ensure compliance with local, state and federal government regulations.
* Actively participate in regularly scheduled project review meetings, provide input to work plans or schedule issues, identify risks and project materials or vendors needed to support the project, and promptly inform project lead regarding environmental concerns, requirements, compliance issues, corrective measures, etc.
* Conduct regular site inspections to assess compliance with the plan and permit requirements and monitors construction site environmental performance.
* Monitor, document and guide initiatives to minimize wastes, avoid accidental releases or spills, and otherwise reduce potentially harmful releases to air, water, or soil.
* Administer an Environmental Management System (EMS) which coordinates legal requirements and compliance tasks, establishes environmental objectives and targets, determines roles and responsibilities for environmental activities, and maintains a document and record system.
* Assist the Grant Manager with grant proposals for air or sustainability activities.
* Develop and track policies to support the sustainability goals of the PHA.
The ideal candidate must possess, at minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Natural Science, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related field. Six (6+) years’ experience in a similar role required. Previous field experience preferred. Previous experience working with compliance software and GIS, as well as Familiarity with ISO 14001 standard and its requirements; maritime port or transportation industry experience; and history of interaction with TGLO, TCEQ, EPA, and/or OSHA desired. You must have knowledge or willingness/ability to research/ acquire in-depth knowledge of the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Emergency Preparedness and Community Right-To-Know Act, SPCC Rule, SWPPP, Tier II, TRI and other applicable State or Federal environmental regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Advanced knowledge of OSHA and EPA rules and regulations to provide compliance recommendations throughout the PHA.
* Knowledge of Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and Environmental Protection Agency regulations regarding National Environmental Policy Act permitting, groundwater, and soil remediation regulations and experience. Field experience on such projects is preferred
* Excellent customer service and communication skills, including strong verbal and listening skills
* Sound judgment and critical thinking skills
* Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
* Demonstrated ability to work professionally and efficiently in fast paced environment with different personalities
* Ability to self-manage work pace and assigned duties
* Ability to complete training in the following area, 40 hour HAZWOPER, within (six) 6 months of hire date
* Ability to secure a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card within sixty (60) days of hire
In return for your hardwork and dedication, we will provide you a career with great pay and benefits, training, advancement potential and a whole lot more, including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance immediately
* Life insurance
* Career paths
* Defined contribution retirement plan
* Paid time off
* Paid holidays
* Sick time
When you take the first step with the Port of Houston Authority, you’ve taken the first step in the right direction in your new career path. Great pay, benefits, and a long tradition are just the beginning. Get READY!
This position is considered a safety sensitive position. As such, it will require that the successful candidate pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug test. In addition to the pre-employment test, the person hired will also be subject to random, post incident /accident, reasonable suspicion and rehabilitation monitoring drug and alcohol testing consistent with the PHA Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Standards.
Contact: Leah Oberlin, Director Environmental Affairs Department, Port of Houston Authority – 713-670-2438