- About TAEP
- Regulatory Updates
- Useful Links
(July 19, 2016)
Job Title: Geoscientist
What makes Pape-Dawson different? Our people.
Pape-Dawson has created an atmosphere where talented and dedicated engineers, surveyors, geologists, geoscientists and support personnel focus individual and collective skills on a single objective – sound, innovative and cost-effective solutions. Our diverse professional backgrounds benefit each client through sensitivity to individual requirements, responsiveness to project deadlines and creative, yet rational, solutions.
Overview: This position provides technical support for various environmental assessments and compliance for private and public sectors.
* Conduct geological assessments on the Edwards Aquifer Recharge Zone
* Conduct karst feature surveys for other karst areas in and around Bexar County
* Perform Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)
* Assist with compliance inspections and preparation of compliance documents
* Oversee remediation projects
* Bachelor of Science in Geosciences or related field
* Will consider 1-3 years' experience in a similar role
* Experience conducting water well pumping tests, slug tests and caving a plus
* Experience with AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS experience
* Must have exceptional technical writing skills
* Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
* Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Must be able to work in all types of weather and field conditions
* Must be able to work outside typical daily 8 am to 5 pm hours on occasion
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training (current) preferred
We invite you to learn more about our company culture and the numerous benefits of working for one of the largest privately owned engineering firms in Texas by visiting our website, www.pape-dawson.com .
Pape-Dawson Engineers is an AA/EEO employer.
Visit the careers section of our website to submit your resume: http://www.pape-dawson.com/job-opportunities/